If you know me, you know that I am OBSESSED with all things fall! If I could eat all fall foods, decorate my house with pumpkins & leaves, & eat all pumpkin everything all year long, I totally would. There’s just something about fall that makes me super happy. <3
This soup is something I threw together last night & we LOVED IT!!! It was very simple to make & minimal ingredients, so I truly believe anyone can make it. I wouldn’t even call it a “recipe” because it’s just great quality ingredients in one soup! I posted a picture of it on social media & so many of you were asking for the recipe, so I decided to put something on here for you all.
I want to preface this by saying that you do NOT have to use all or any organic products if you don’t want to. I did use organic chicken breast, organic chicken broth, & mostly organic veggies (minus the crumbles & the onions), but it is not necessary at all. It is just what I had at the time. I also feel that you can add ANY veggies that you want & it would probably make it even better! I do feel like the Green Giant Fresh cauliflower crumbles are a must in this, as they gave it a little rice and/or potato vibe to me without all of the carbs. I also think that they have to be those particular crumbles to get the same result I had, but you can feel free to use any type of cauliflower you want. The only thing is, I think the smaller the piece of the cauliflower, the “mushier” it may be & the bigger the cauliflower, the more it actually resembles cauliflower & that wasn’t what I was going for. Hope that makes sense! If you try it another way beside the GGF crumbles, let me know how it turns out!
2lbs (organic) Fresh Chicken Breast
1 bag of Green Giant Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles (or one head of cauliflower)
8 cups of Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth (check your ingredients! Also, if you prefer to make your own broth, which is what I usually do if I have the time, you can do that too! It’s even better with homemade broth)
1 Small Onion, diced
3 Stalks of Celery, sliced
3 Carrot Sticks, sliced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced (or any type of minced garlic you have)
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or coconut oil or ghee)
1 Tbsp. Thyme
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tbsp. Flavor God Garlic Lovers (optional; if you don’t use this, use 1 tbsp. of garlic powder)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Place chicken breast in a crock pot with a little salt & pepper & a tiny bit of water & cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours or until thoroughly cooked. Once it is fully cooked, use a hand mixer (this is the easiest way!!) or 2 forks to shred your chicken.
2) Chop/dice/slice all of your veggies & garlic up. In a large pot, add olive oil & all veggies/garlic & let saute for 5-10 minutes until softened.
3) Add the broth & all seasonings to the veggies & let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add the shredded chicken to the pot, add a little more salt & pepper to taste, & let simmer for another 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Add any extra seasonings as you see fit & ENJOY! Serve immediately, but know that it is just as good heated up!